The Kelly Company and Shamrock Logo
DAWKCo(tm) Software: e-Mail POP3 Server, SMTP Anti-Spam eMail Blocker, WebMail, Web Site Mapper, Website Design

Software Websites News Favorites Contact

Advanced Search

Sitemap

Message Board Posting: Software Topic

The content of these postings are the words of the persons posting the messages and do not necessarily reflect the views or opinions of the owners or operators of this web site.

[Software Topic Messages] [Message Board Terms Of Use]

Subject: Qualification Re: batch delete
Posted by: DAWKCo Software
Date: Thu, 3 Oct 2002 23:43:29 -0400
In Reply To: does your mail server support batch delete posted by Amrut on Tue, 3 Sep 2002 11:54:02 -0400
If you are referring to "PIPELINING," then the answer is No.  The current versions of our POP3 Server do not support the PIPELINING capability.  You can issue a series of DELE commands, but they must be separate transmissions.  In other words, you could NOT construct a buffer consisting of multiple commands and then issue them in one "send" tranmission.  If you did, the POP3 Server would only execute, and respond to, the first command in the transmission.

-----Original Message-----
: Will it support issuing the dele commands in batch  viz:- if i am extracting 100 mails i will not issue the dele command after every retr command instead i will issue it in batch after retreiving all the mails.
: Thanks

Post A Follow-up To This Message

Follow-ups:
    none

[Software Topic Messages] [Message Board Terms Of Use]

Shamrock LogoHome | Software | Websites | News | Links | Contact | Sitemap | ^
Web Pages by DAWKCoTM Software
Copyright ©1996-2015 The Kelly CompanySM. All rights reserved.

Page Last Updated:  Thursday, 09-Mar-2017 19:40:04 EST