The DAWKCo POP3 / WebMAIL Admin API is a COM (Component Object Model) Automation Interfaces Type Library DLL (Dynamic Link Library) that provides direct access to the DAWKCo POP3 Server/WebMAIL configuration by COM-aware applications and components, such as Scripting Engines (e.g., JScript, VBScript and WSH (Windows Script Host)), programs built with the .NET programming languages (i.e., Visual Basic, Visual C# and C++), ActiveX Controls, and other COM applications.
The SDK (Software Development Kit) is comprised of the POP3 / WebMAIL Admin API and SDK Help (programming reference documentation), the Type Library DLL and its Header Files (type declarations source code), Sample Scripts and Code Examples.
Purpose of the POP3 / WebMAIL Admin API and SDK
The POP3 / WebMAIL Admin API can be used by site Administrators of mail server systems to automate routine tasks related to the POP3 mailboxes configuration. For example, scripts or programs can be written to:
- Add and remove mailboxes and domains
- Update mailbox passwords or user accounts
- Adjust mailbox properties settings, or enable/disable mailboxes
- Lock mailboxes temporarily for message processing tasks
- Import mailboxes and properties from a file or database
- Export (backup) mailboxes and properties to a file or database
- Validate data that might be used in domain or mailbox properties
The quickest and easiest way to make use of the POP3 Admin API is with COM-aware scripting languages, such as JScript, VBScript and WSH (Windows Script Host). Scripting languages are less complicated to use than compiled program languages and their script engines are included as components of the Windows operating system or Internet Explorer.
For more experienced software developers and programmers, the POP3 / WebMAIL Admin API Type Library DLL can be imported directly into compiled programs written in languages such as Visual Basic and C++.
Features included in the POP3 / WebMAIL Admin API and SDK
- The Type Library DLL, which includes the following COM Automation objects:
- Pop3Domain -- object with Properties for storing a POP3/SMTP domain name and its MD5 hash, and Methods for loading and saving the domain properties.
- Pop3Domains -- collection object with Properties for storing Pop3Domain object items, and Methods to add, get, remove and reload the POP3/SMTP domains in the server configuration, as well as log significant status and error conditions in a log file.
- Pop3Mailbox -- object with Properties for storing all of the data for a POP3 mailbox, and Methods for loading and saving the mailbox properties, as well as locking/unlocking the mailbox to allow for custom mail processing.
- Pop3Mailboxes -- collection object with Properties for storing Pop3Mailbox object items, and Methods to add, get, remove and reload the POP3 mailboxes in the server configuration, as well as import and export POP3 mailboxes data and log significant status and error conditions in a log file.
- Pop3MailboxUtils -- a utility object that provides essential tools for POP3 domains and mailboxes configuration operations; such as, enable/disable API logging, verify the syntax or validity of E-mail Address, Alias, Domain, Username and Password inputs, generate Shared Secrets for mailboxes, encrypt logon credentials for mailboxes, refresh the MailDaemon message routing tables "on-the-fly", and start and stop server services.
- SaxEventsHandlerImpl -- a SAX2 event handler object that provides XML data import capabilities for the Pop3Mailboxes collection object.
- The Type Library DLL of the API for POP3 Services Small Business Version also includes the following COM Automation objects:
- Pop3Server -- object with Properties for storing the POP3 Server Service parameters, and Methods for loading and saving those properties.
- MailDaemon -- object with Properties for storing the MailDaemon e-Mail Routing Service parameters, and Methods for loading and saving those properties.
- SaxDomainEvtHandler -- a SAX2 event handler object that provides XML data import capabilities for the Pop3Domains collection object
- SaxMailboxEvtHandler -- a SAX2 event handler object that provides XML data import capabilities for the Pop3Mailboxes collection object
- SaxMDaemonEvtHandler -- a SAX2 event handler object that provides XML data import capabilities for the MailDaemon object
- SaxPop3SrvEvtHandler -- a SAX2 event handler object that provides XML data import capabilities for the Pop3Server object
- Header files containing the declarations of the data types, COM Classes and Interfaces of the API
- Header files containing the declarations and implementations of the Copy Policy Classes (helper classes) for the collections
- Complete programming Reference documentation (HTML Help format), including example code snippets.
- Sample Script files
- XML Schema for data import/export and CSV Data Import Specification
- Example XML and CSV data import files
Requirements for the API
- DAWKCo POP3 Services Small Business Version 5 or later
- DAWKCo POP3 Server Hosting Version 5.7 or later, with or without the WebMAIL Extension
Tech Support for the API and SDK
Free4 phone and e-mail tech support is available for DAWKCoTM POP3 Admin API & SDK installation and setup issues. Paid support, currently5 at US$ 39.95 per hour (1 hour minimum) is available for POP3 Admin API programming assistance and related issues.
4 Limitations apply--see your license agreement. 5 Support service rates may change without notice.
Please see our Tech Support page for support contact info, the support FAQ, help with Setup and Known Issues, Example Screen Shots, and a search tool for Support Inquiry Response (SIR) articles.
MD5 Credits: portions of the DAWKCoTM POP3 Server, MailDaemon, WebMAIL and Admin API programs contain code that implement encryption, decryption and the CRAM-MD5 authentication mechanism derived from the RSA Data Security, Inc. MD5 Message-Digest Algorithm, copyright ©1991-1992 RSA Data Security, Inc.