- System Requirements -- the web pages output from the utility should work well with any Internet Standards based web browser, regardless of operating system, that conforms to the following W3C (World-Wide Web Consortium) standards:
- HTML 4 (Hyper-Text Markup Language)
- CSS 2 (Cascading Style Sheets)
That includes current web browser versions from Microsoft®, Netscape® and Qualcomm®, and online services such as AOL®, CompuServe®, MSN®, Prodigy® and others.
Password Inputs Note: with some web browsers, including Netscape Navigator v6, you must not "copy & paste" values into web form Password inputs. If you do, invalid input will be generated. Therefore, if you are using such a browser, you must type your password entries.
- WebMAIL Logon -- click this link to go directly to the WebMAIL Logon web page.
- Renew Session -- click this link to reload the POP3/WebMAIL Password Changer Utility web page. For security purposes, this web-based utility's sessions expire after a period of inactivity that exceeds a preset time delay--the Session Timeout value. If no actions are performed during a time period greater than or equal to the session timeout value, the session expires and you must reload the web-based utility before any new submission can be made. If you have let some time elapse while sitting at the form before you submit it, click Renew Session to reload the page--otherwise, if the session timeout period expired, your password change request will fail and you'll receive a Session Expired error message.
- Close This Window -- click this link to quit and close the browser window.
- e-Mail Alias/Address -- you must enter your full e-mail address here, with one exception.
If your mailbox is in the same default local domain, or FQDN (Fully Qualified Domain Name), as the mail server,
then you may enter just your POP3 e-mail alias. The POP3 e-mail alias is the username part that comes before the '@' symbol in your e-mail address.
For example, if the FQDN of the host machine that is running the POP3 Server is pop.company.com and your e-mail address is
email@example.com, then you may just enter alias for this input. If, however, your e-mail address is
firstname.lastname@example.org, then you must enter the full e-mail address.
- Old e-Mail/POP3 Password -- enter your old, i.e., existing, POP3 Password here. Your POP3 Password is the same password that you enter
for the "Incoming" (POP3) Mail Server in your e-mail software Account settings.
See the List of Characters that are allowed in POP3 Passwords in the section titled "New e-Mail/POP3 Password" below, and the Password Inputs Note above.
- New e-Mail/POP3 Password -- enter the new POP3 Password that you want to start using immediately here. You must also enter this same password for the
"Incoming" (POP3) Mail Server in your e-mail software Account settings.
Only the following ASCII (a.k.a. US-ASCII) Character Set characters are allowed in POP3 Passwords:
In other words, blank passwords are not allowed; and, no spaces, control characters, or Extended ASCII characters are allowed. See also, the Password Inputs Note above, and the Confirm New Password topic below.
- Confirm New Password -- reenter the new POP3 Password here to confirm that it is typed correctly. This step will help to prevent you from mistyping your new password, consequently locking yourself out of your own mailbox. See also, the Password Inputs Note above.